- Have a customer that is also a vendor? Set up 2 names – one for each and put a “V” for vendor or a “C” for customer at the end of the name so they are easily distinguishable.
- Invoice payment tip-when booking the payment, put the invoice number(s) the payment is for in the memo field. It will then show up on reports.
- Have a complicated transaction that you do often or a transaction that occurs regularly that you would like to be reminded of or have book automatically? – Memorize it! Just before you hit the “save” button, press CTRL-M and the memorize function will come up. Then click on “lists” and “memorized transactions” to bring up a list of all you have memorized.
- Want to track the revenue and the costs related to a customer and/or a job? No problem – call for assistance if needed.
- Purchase order tip – Put something in the memo field to give you a hint as to what is on the PO as some reports will not tell you anything but the PO # and date if you leave this blank.
- GST on meals and entertainment – you can only claim an input tax credit for ½ the GST. Setup a new tax code that calculates 50% of the GST so you don’t have to do it manually! Call for assistance if needed.